Lunes, Abril 22, 2013

The Invasion Of Leyte, a work in progress

  I couldn't find any other appropriate heading to this post.  This is, technically, an invasion - MY INVASION into Leyte.

    Leyte- Tacloban, in particular, is Region 8's government epicenter.  It is here that we go for passports, government clearances, everything, and shopping.  And it is during during these trips that I find opportunities to make my discoveries.


RAFAEL FARM, BABATNGON, LEYTE

   I had the opportunity to discover the much-blogged about Rafael Farm very recently (April 2013, that is) with my husband.  

   We took the public transport bound for Babatngon from the Tacloban City Terminal.  It was not so hard getting there as there were constant trips bound for Babatngon from Tacloban.  It took us about thirty minutes and twenty pesos (per head) to get to Rafael Farm which was along the highway.

    

     
    Rafael Farm was very beautiful.  Not really a farm, per se, but a beautifully landscaped piece of property with a restaurant and a lagoon-which I figure out to be the lowest level of the property where rainwater collects but was artfully designed and put up to look like a lagoon,  for the main attractions.  Oh, but it was just lovely and so serene I could stay here forever.




   This is the lagoon, above, where guests who would like to indulge may go boating, and the restaurant, below, as seen from the cute pergola at the pond's center(not sure how to call it).









  The restaurant is surrounded by lily- and freshwater fish-ponds which made the ambiance even more zen-like.




    It was tastefully crafted out of what I believe to be discarded items from old house(s) as most of the items found inside seemed 'old' - from the capiz window cum backdrop to the chairs and the minutest pieces which served as decor.




   The food was definitely Filipino.  We tried the much talked-about baby back ribs, gaway(I forgot what they call it but it resembles laing), and a pitcherful of herb-infused lemonade.  Very tasty.






   I found the sinigang a little bit too sour for my tastebuds, but I will definitely come back - my children are looking forward to this trip after they have seen our pictures.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento